In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

IS is here, and on the hearth!

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by NVhunter, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Todd 2

Todd 2

Nice stove and hearth Mike, I really like those colors and art theme together. Good taste !

2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Good that you called to verify and thanks to Mike for the answer. He is a good guy, like all the others at Woodstock.

NVhunter likes this.
  3. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

NVhunter great looking stove!:yes:

oh and with this crowd if you need some likes just keep posting pics:thumbs: or mention beer or pics of your pets too

oh you did get the rear heat shield with that stove right? important in a corner install!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
    NVhunter and papadave like this.
  4. NVhunter

NVhunter

Beer, of course!!! That's a must in all DIY projects!!!

No pets as of now.

Rear heat shield is on!

Just spoke with the contractor for the chimney pipe and he's ordering parts and putting me on the schedule.

Break in Fires should be here next week hopefully!!!

5. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

6. T-Stew

T-Stew

I like how the andirons are one-piece and a 'scene', that is really neat! Well, and I like the whole rest of it to of course :yes:

HDRock, Backwoods Savage and NVhunter like this.
  7. Babaganoosh

Babaganoosh

If I remember correctly the rear heat shield isn't needed in a corner install. I thought it was so I ordered it. Once I got the stove and went over the installation manual I'm pretty sure I figured out that it wasn't needed. I remember being annoyed that I wasted money on it.

I really want to find my manual now because I want to know if I goofed and should go ahead and install the heat shield.

Hmmm

8. Scotty Overkill

Scotty Overkill Administrator

Looks phenomenal!

9. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

When I picked mine up was talking to Penny and told her it was a corner install and she said did you get rear heat shield? I thought it was included in loaded or the works so I bought one and they installed and boxed for trailer...

so I thought it was and was really impressed she knew I hadn't and needed on my corner install. talk about customer service...

SO Babaganoosh I think you do but may be wrong I would definitely call Woodstock quick!

Backwoods Savage likes this.
  10. NVhunter

NVhunter

Reading the manual, it's 6" from the corner of the stove to the wall with or without the shield. The manual doesn't show a difference as far as corner clearances with or without the shield.

I was originally doing a parallel install so I purchased the shield but things changed and now it's a corner install so I am keeping the shield just for added peace of mind.

11. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

I know but that seems odd to me that

1 the clearances to a corner are less than a parallel 19 versus 17
    2 Penny explicitly told me I would need one for corner install and I bought it after paying for stove... which I think the shield was either 48 or 53
    3 the rear heat shield cause no clearance reductions so why make one?

Backwoods Savage likes this.
  12. Babaganoosh

Babaganoosh

I knew I was right. It doesn't reduce clearances in a corner install. I told whoever I ordered from that I was doing a corner install and they had no problem selling it to me. I'm really not bitching but ideally I'd rather have the person on the phone know and be familiar with these thing,s but I also understand they also have to assume that we as a customer have knowledge of what our needs are. Now I have a 50 dollar useless piece of sheet metal sitting here. I'd rather have put the 50 towards the soapstone liner.

All in all I still love the stove so don't anyone think this is a complaint. It's just an observation.

13. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Call Penny or someone else at Woodstock and relate this to them.

papadave likes this.
  14. chance04

chance04

Personally id install it just because I already had it. The bricks behind my stove are always just barely like warm to the touch with my shield installed

Canadian border VT and NVhunter like this.