In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Compact Tractor

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Beet Stix, Jun 14, 2014.

1. cnice_37

cnice_37

The only thing to be sorry about Beet Stix is how clean that thing is.... go get it dirty!!

2. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

One thing I never liked about the bx and equivalent jd tractors is the tiny frame size and low clearance. Does not feel like a tractor but a large mower. I like the B series as thats what a compact looks like to me. Yea I know the bx is a sub compact but still does not feel like a tractor to me. I wonder why they dont make the frame size larger?

Stinny likes this.
  3. Stinny

Stinny

Hehehe... and, the reason I bought the littlest tiny JD 4x4 was because it was small and I could get into tight places with it, along with being able to haul it on a single axle trailer... :rofl: :lol: But, I hear ya Clem. Good thing there's a gazillion models from lots of different flavors, huh... ;)... :D

4. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

You can haul the B model on a single axle right? Dont know the weights on them all though?

Stinny likes this.
  5. Gasifier

Gasifier

Very nice! Congratulations!

6. MasterMech

MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

They do. But then they are no longer BXs or 2210/2305/102xs. Deere did a baby tractor on a larger frame, the 4010. Couldn't give the thing away hardly. Even the 4110 was a tough sell. Buyers either want big tractor power or little tractor versatility.

Chvymn99, clemsonfor and Stinny like this.
  7. Stinny

Stinny

JD says my x575 weighs around 950 lbs, then add the loader at 550 Lbs and the mower deck at 120 lbs. It's all my 5'x12' single axle trailer really wants to haul nicely down the road. I think all the damage I could do with a bigger tractor will keep me from ever going there... :picard:... ;)

papadave, Chvymn99 and clemsonfor like this.
  8. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

My little baby Yanmar as it sits with ballest and no implement is right under 2000lbs and thats no implement or loader

9. fox9988

fox9988

image.jpg image.jpg I got tried of waiting for a flood to wash this stump down the creek, hauled it off with the Yanmar.

Dancan, raybonz, Stinny and 3 others like this.
  10. savemoney

savemoney

It always amazes me just what those machines can really do. (esp. with a knowledgeable operator). that one has to be a heavy duty one to keep from tipping with that load in front.

fox9988 likes this.
  11. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

All the Yanmar ym series (greys) and the sister american three digit model number versions are tough. That 1720 is a 20hp tractor and the newer power shift model of the 17xx series.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    fox9988 likes this.
  12. Beet Stix

Beet Stix

Fresh off the dealer lot. Took advantage of the 0% financing. The used tractors in my farming area hold their value so well. The dealer talked me into the snowblower when I realized how much I would in a blade and the quick attach. Mowed with it today! Wow. What an upgrade. Got done in less than half the time with a better cut.

I actually chose the Bx over the B series or larger because of the compact size. I have access to a LARGE tractor if i really need it. The ability to mow and maneuver around the house without tearing up the yard is a huge plus. My goal is to minimize the number of engines I own.

cnice_37, clemsonfor and Chvymn99 like this.
  13. fox9988

fox9988

After owning one for 12 years, I'm still amazed by it.

Stinny, cnice_37 and clemsonfor like this.
  14. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Yea I do a good bit with my 24hp Yanmar. Everything from road maintenance to Bush hogging and finish mowing.

fox9988 likes this.
  15. Will C

Will C

I did a lot of work with a BX-I had one of the first ones for 9 years. Probably did harder work with it than my current B2620, putting in a driveway, backfilling a septic system, installing several flower beds, etc. as well as mowing 5 acres weekly.

cnice_37, Chvymn99 and Beet Stix like this.
  16. tjcole50

tjcole50

Dont over look the heavy duty gts. Very capable even without 4wd. I use the crap out of mine. I love my 455 and was back and forth on 1 series or bx. Had the dealers out to my property and explained i wanted to go back into the woods and do some work. Their advice was atv and a trailer. Said the 1 series and bx are to low to the ground for a good woods tractor and going up a size wouldnt work either because of how thick the woods are. Also once those skinny heavy tires sink in this swamp of a woods id be screwed without a winch. I took the advice saved money and maintain my 2 acres and a large driveway with my gt and some weight. I plan to buy an atv to handle woods work and close hard to get to scrounges
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fanatical1, Dancan, raybonz and 4 others like this.
  17. ansehnlich1

ansehnlich1

Well now, I'm not sure if this is appropriate, bumping this up since it's an old thread, but I couldn't help myself.

I love my FORD :thumbs: She's 20 years old but is just a fine tractor. Had my next door neighbor do a little welding on the 6 foot scraper blade. The loader blew a hydraulic hose 2 weeks ago, easy fix. Also have a 6 ft. belly mower but that's not on her right now. Can move serious snow with this machine :D Ford.jpg Ford2.jpg

Fanatical1, Dancan, 94BULLITT and 6 others like this.
  18. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Shirabu!

Gasifier likes this.
  19. Trilifter7

Trilifter7

Forgot to update but I ended up getting a used 1025R last fall with loader and 60" MMM. After a year of plowing, loader work, mowing and lawn treatment I am extremely happy! It does everything my 445 did except better... including mowing! I take the deck on and off the tractor at least 15-20 times if not more during the summer and it's a breeze!
    I've grooved the tires, added front and rear work lights, made a DIY lawn striper, added hooks to the bucket, added pallet forks, 60" rear blade and added an aerator, roller and sprayer to my arsenal. This tractor does it all with ease and is fun to use!

IMG_2379.JPG
    IMG_4706.JPG
    IMG_4782.JPG
    IMG_3512.JPG
    IMG_0794.JPG IMG_0131.JPG
    IMG_3229.JPG
    IMG_3634.JPG

Todd 2, Dancan, Gasifier and 8 others like this.
  20. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Do you have to roll and stripe It after you mow it or can you do it all at once?