In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Another good one in Northern Va..

Discussion in 'The Wood Market' started by Drvn4wood, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Drvn4wood

Drvn4wood

This is a good one for anyone in the area. I get a lot of my wood in this area but I'm committed tomorrow.

FREE WOOD!!OAK WOOD FREE!!WE HAVE A LOT OF WOOD WHITE OAK (VIENNA VA)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

WE ARE CUTING OAK TREES THAT YOU CAN TAKE FOR FREE COME GET IT WE W'LL HELP YOU TO LOAD YOUR TRAILER O TRUCK PLEASE CONTACT ME

THE WOOD IS AVAILABLE FROM SATURDAY 28 5PM TO SUNDAY 29 ALL DAY OUR ADDRESS IS 2314 STRYKER AVE,VIENNA VA 22181

splitoak, Shawn Curry, milleo and 2 others like this.
  2. Horkn

Horkn

That will make someone very happy.

splitoak, Shawn Curry and Drvn4wood like this.
  3. MarylandGuy

MarylandGuy

I have always found Northern Virginia to be a hotbed of free wood. There is so much disposable income, most people don't burn. I wish I lived closer. It's just not worth driving 45 minutes each way, process the wood and then fight traffic going home. Not when a tree service will drop at home for free.

splitoak and Drvn4wood like this.
  4. Paul bunion

Paul bunion

45 minutes each way? If you have a tree service that will drop wood in your yard it isn't worth rolling wood out of your neighbors yard unless they are on the uphill side.

splitoak likes this.
  5. billb3

billb3

How many people have tree services dropping valuable wood in their yard ?
    It sure doesn't happen around here.
    Unless you want pine. and good luck even with that for nothing.

6. MarylandGuy

MarylandGuy

Huh?

Edit - ok I get what you are saying now. I suppose you are right to some degree, but I still enjoy scrounging wood. And I do need the exercise, so I will carry wood up a small hill. It may sound strange, but sometimes I get too much delivered and can't scrounge because of lack of room.

I know a lot of you are shaking your heads at having too much free wood delivered. But I look at things a little differently than most. I must have been dropped as a baby.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  7. MarylandGuy

MarylandGuy

We have so many tree service companies around here. And lots of trees to cut. Most don't bother processing firewood, because there isn't a large percentage of the population burning wood. Sad but true.

And like most places, they have to pay to dispose of the wood. Unless of course they cut the trees 8' and drop them at the local mill. Even then I will get a load of logs once in a while that were clearly cut to sawmill length, but I assume the tree service said screw it and dumped them at my place anyway.

I can get stuff dropped as long as I don't get too picky. They will drop a load of pine once in a while, but that isn't very often.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015