In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

★★☆☆☆ Timber Heat Wood Pellets (Review)

Discussion in 'Pellet Fuels' started by slvrblkk, Mar 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Timber Heat Wood Pellets results: FINAL RESULTS

Temp Average – 260-320 (new thermocouple on door, cannot compare with previous older reviews)

Ash Volume – 24 ounces

Ash Weight – 3.45 ounces

Ash Percentage - .54%

Fines In Bag – less than ¼ cup

Pellet Length Avg. – 1/2” – 1.25”

Bag Weight – 40.2 lbs. (0 lbs. left in hopper)

Burn time – 19 hours (approx.)

NOTES:

Purchased from Lowe’s $259 ton
    High ash
    Dry Creek/PA Pellet product
    Low fines

Here is another pellet that reminds me of NEWP and InstantHeat. Pellets are overall on the longer side and I needed to crank up the feed rate to get heat out of these. These look like some type of blend pellet but based on the websites they should be hardwood. The pellets look lighter in person than in the pictures. Initially, I had a hard time to get these to light. Ash was a fine medium, dark grey and ash volume was high. Glass had gotten dirty due to the low burn and inconsistent feed rate. I did not get a true high burn temp on these due to it being warm in the house.

All in all these are just ok and DEFINITELY not the Timber Heats of old. Maybe a shoulder pellet if your stove can deal with longer pellets and higher ash. I'd rate these 2.5 stars.

Disclaimer: As with everything....YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY....the review is just my opinion of them

IMAG0662.jpg IMAG0664.jpg IMAG0658.jpg IMAG0660.jpg IMAG0665.jpg IMAG0666.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.