In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

HeatMasterSS C250

Discussion in 'OWB's and Gasification Boilers' started by YOAKAM, Mar 25, 2015.

1. YOAKAM

YOAKAM

New member here, looking to purchase an outside boiler to heat my cape cod style house. Heat pumps just have a difficult time with the high ceilings... At least that's what my electric bill is telling me. Anyhow... I'm set to pull the trigger on the C250. I can get it for the same price as a MF5000. Anybody have one of these that can provide input. I think this forum is great...nice group of folks... Unlike some other forums I have seen. Thanks

fox9988 likes this.
  2. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

I believe capes are a little hard to heat also. Mine doesn't have any high ceilings, in fact mine are low at 7'8"
    But the lack of insulation in the upstairs ceilings. The rafters are 2x6 and the insulation is falling apart.

3. YOAKAM

YOAKAM

Yeah. 22' ceilings are a killer. Heat pump struggles to heat it...but will run you out of the other rooms.

4. Cantoo

Cantoo

High ceilings and big square footage is a good place for under floor heat running in your joists. Warm feet= warm body. Many different systems to look at.

coal reaper likes this.