In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Anyone ever see these? Premier Pellets Appalachain Hardwood

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by Skier76, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Skier76

Skier76

I found these today at the local Depot. I scanned the barcode and it returned nothing. I tried googling, but didn't fine much. A few sites hinted at Enrgex; maybe a Stove Chow relative. I need a ton, but didn't want to gamble on something untested.

Attached Files:

2. Skier76

Skier76

Back of the bag

Attached Files:

3. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Yes, I "believe" those are Stove Chow/Energex......And yes, I'm posting from work! :yes:

4. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

I believe these are a "Cheat River" product and do not have a swell reputation around here. I purchased and burned some of these (as shown in the bags here) back in 2009 and thought they were OK. Then they did a disappearing act until the end of last season when I found some as re-bagged TSC branded pellets. I bought a few bags and thought they were awful. Not much heat and way too much ash. To give you an idea: Green Supremes handily outperformed them. Strongly recommend trying at least a couple bags to see how they do in your stove before committing to a large volume.

5. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

You know what tt...I think you are right with that!!!! :doh: I thought about that after I posted but then thought I was mixing it up with something else.

smoke show likes this.
  6. Skier76

Skier76

Thanks everyone. Again, I didn't want to risk a full ton on something with so little info.

They sold a bunch and will probably end up selling out. I may go back and grab a few bags for ha-ha's.

7. will711

will711

I think they are Cheat Rivers , I think they have a problem with quality control . I've burned several different batches some really good some total chit .

The bag I burned this year was good I have one for Steve to test ,but IMO this is a company you can't buy tons from because to inconsistent sometimes they hit a home run :thumbs: other times they strike out :(

slvrblkk likes this.
  8. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Pretty sure they are Premier pellet corp(AKA Energex) Burned tons of them and I rate them right along with Stove Chow.

Cheat River has a valid UPC . But the Premiers come up unknown. Post the UPC off the bag, It should give us good clues(I hope).

9. Skier76

Skier76

I don't have any pics of the UPC.....but here are the numbers from my scanner app:

Comes up as "No reord found" on the app.

10. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

777220 prefix matches the Premiers.

Looking back at my notes on them, They had very good heat and average ish ash. But that was a few seasons ago. I didn't have any negative notes on them. Personally I'd buy them, But just in case get a few test bags to be sure. If you've burned stove chow these should be oooh so close to them.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    slvrblkk likes this.
  11. Skier76

Skier76

Thank you sir. I'll see if I can zip out at lunch and grab a few bags. Chows burned well in my stove this year. Just had a ton of Therma Glos delivered, so that should get me through until spring.

IHATEPROPANE and jtakeman like this.
  12. subsailor

subsailor

Please share your thoughts on the Therma Glo when you burn them.

13. Skier76

Skier76

Will do. They're in the hopper now. I'll report back after I've run a few bags through.

IHATEPROPANE and will711 like this.
  14. Skier76

Skier76

Jay, a UPC for you. I grabbed two bags at lunch today.

Attached Files:

15. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

This is weird. The Appalacians I got at the end of last season in TSC bags had bar code 851050003004, which points to "Appalacian Wood Pellets Inc." which I thought was a Chit River product, at least according to the barcode sticky in the TSC thread! However, these in the real bag have a dead-end UPC that *appears* (based on prefix) to point back to Energex. Are they playing at games regarding where the product comes from or who it is produced by? Is one company a subsidiary of the other?

Well, regardless - Skier76 make sure to come back and let us know how they burned in your stove?

will711 likes this.
  16. Skier76

Skier76

Will do. I need to burn the Therma Glows for a few days, then I'll test these out. I am curious given he lack of info on the UPC.