In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Stuck one tonight

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by Certified106, Oct 9, 2014.

1. mywaynow

mywaynow

Ahhhhh.....................fall. Can't get enough of this time of year. Nice buck C

Stinny likes this.
  2. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Nice buck Cert!! Good shot! Always nice to score a good buck you have been after (even if that's a different buck than you wantes, it's still a keeper in my book) :)

I have been so lazy the last couple years. I have to get out in the woods soon!!

My Father wants to go down to our property in Ky this weekend and get ready for Rifle season. I have not been down there in 4 years. So much going on with the kids that I have put it on the back burner. But with my son being 13 now, he is finally starting to come around. :thumbs:

swags, Certified106 and Stinny like this.
  3. Stinny

Stinny

"But with my son being 13 now, he is finally starting to come around. :thumbs:" ... might be a good time to front burner those Grandfather/Father/Son ... times... :)

DexterDay likes this.
  4. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Point taken :D

Stinny likes this.
  5. Certified106

Certified106

Thanks man I appreciate it! I am still happy with him!
    Sounds like it is time to head to Kentucky for some father son bonding time. Seriously there is nothing better than hunting with family and being out in the woods is always relaxing.

reelcrzy, Stinny and DexterDay like this.
  6. swags

swags Moderator

Kentucky is a great place to hunt, and rifle season is during the rut!

DexterDay likes this.
  7. Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Since this thread is here and says stuck one. No not me.

My bro usually uses his bow. That part I havent found out yet.

Bro took the small 8 that runs with the small 5 his son turned down. Dad said he said the 8 and 5 were starting to spar 20 yds in front of him.

Shot it with my ole EXP Horton crossbow I loaned his son to use with my dad out hunting together. Also stated the deer ended up over on my place for its final breath.

He states he dont know why he shot the little 8 with the big 15pt boy running around the area. Oh well his buck tag is gone.

Dad said he had the little 8 on trail cam that morning and bro shot the deer that evening.

This isnt the morning pic but is the deer.

deer14brotook2.jpg

Loon, DexterDay and Stinny like this.
  8. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Yeah. We normally slaughter them.. Doe tags are two for $10. At one time, you could take one buck and up to 10 doe. Most I took in one year was 1 buck (decent 8), and 4 doe.

Has always been one of my favorite places to hunt. My Father bought the property when I was 12. Then 10 years ago, we bought 105 more acres a mile down the road (ATV trail network is all connected).

The only downfall is we are non resident. No cabin/house, so we still have to pay a fair amount for the license. But it's always well worth it.

If I remember tonight, I will try and take some photos (of photos) and start another thread. Showing photos of the property, the game, and the good times.

Hijack over.. Sorry Cert!!

Cut4fun and Stinny like this.
  9. schoondog

schoondog

Great buck Cert, congrats. Ohio is a great place to bowhunt !

Schoondog