In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

★★★☆☆ Maine Woods Pellet (MWP)

Discussion in 'Pellet Fuels' started by IHATEPROPANE, Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

This is a pellet that seems to be availabe to most of us in the New England area and is sometimes bagged under different names. I have seen them sold by Tractor Supply in their bags, in a non descript bag with a picture of a stove, and also a bag with a picture of a log cabin. I found the pellet to be a little less dense, slightly above average in ash, and heat output to be adequate. Usually priced at a discount to other pellets, a good bargain IMHO.

2. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

With a bit of a pellet crunch I thought I was just settling with these as they were aboundent, economical @$214/ton(TSC $25 off per ton deal) and easy for me to transport home. I'll be honest an say I wasn't expecting them to be all that hot and wasn't planning on running them much once the temps dipped below freezing, We'll they certainly fooled me. I am surprised at the heat I am getting out of them and should be set to burn them well into the colder part of the season.

For what I paid, These were a no brainier. I knew I shoulda bought that 3rd ton!

Happy dance! And 3 easy stars! ;)

3. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Only thing I can tell you is that they are my go to pellet and worked just fine keeping my house warm when the thermometer said it was 22 degrees Fahrenheit below zero last winter.

I can get away with only weekly cleanings during the middle of winter so I don't consider the ash to be an issue. I bought 12 ton of them this summer.

4. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

They don't like my stove sadly... I got lots of ash and didn't even get through a bag without it jamming up. I suspect given how far they traveled they may have gotten wet but I didn't see evident water damage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.