In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Are blazers any good?

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by Pallet Pete, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

Just stumbled on a possible good deal... 175 a ton!

2. JRSDWS

JRSDWS

From previous year's reviews....my suggestion would be: BUY ALL YOU CAN AFFORD AND STORE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Realistically....grab a few bags and get a test burn done ASAP. Historically, I believe these have been very good pellets.

smoke show, jtakeman and Pallet Pete like this.
  3. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

I called and the gentleman said his wife miss posted they are Kirkland pellets. Again never heard of them but he said call McDowells ( who I know to be good ) and they sell them and use them in store. I might still get a ton and see. I already have two tons being delivered to my place of pro pellets.

4. mithesaint

mithesaint

Even if they're not great in your stove, $175/ton is a solid price for a shoulder pellet. Probably worth trying a ton.

Pallet Pete likes this.
  5. savemoney

savemoney

Be careful Pete, if your stove is pellet picky, you may come to hate having bought them. Cleaning out your stove every day is no fun. Some pellets aren't much more than kitty litter. Jay is dead on when he says to try some first. My first stove hated Energex pellets, yet they are known to be a decent pellet. I had tons of them. Ended up donating many of them to my son because I hated the constant dirty glass and plugged burn pot. I want you to enjoy your pellet burning experience.

Russell and Pallet Pete like this.
  6. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

I did some research and they got great reviews on wood pellet reviews. I have got very very luck too.... Our friends use a wood pellet stove and it turned out to be the same unit we have. He has given me a list of what is good and what is bad. I'm hoping they are right. Any whoo I have 4 bags to try and see if I like them so fingers crossed! Looks like I'll be installing the stove tomorrow not today due to an insane amount of phone tag today lol.

My current list of fuel.
    2 tons pro pellets being delivered.
    4 bags Magic Spark
    2 bags Michigan Wood Pellet ( not the crappy ones )
    4 bags Kirkland
    4 bags Jed's
    6 bags okie gold

I cured it with pro pellets and ran it for a while with no issues in the garage on them. Most of the bags where given to us by friends to try out so I figured for free why not.

7. savemoney

savemoney

Good, hope your install goes well. I can't see why yours would be complicated. Glad you are trying different brands.
    I am so happy with my set up now. Wife is happy too and that has settled a lot of "discussions" when she was complaining about anything under 74f being cold.

Pallet Pete likes this.
  8. subsailor

subsailor

Buy a truckload!

slvrblkk and Pallet Pete like this.
  9. subsailor

subsailor

DON"T BOTHER. Buy, buy, buy.

slvrblkk and Pallet Pete like this.
  10. subsailor

subsailor

These things normally sell for $300+. Check out the posts from last year during the shortage.

11. krooser

krooser

Isn't that "Wood Pellet Reviews" the site where the pellet mills send the guy free pellets to use in his stove? I'd be pimpin' Infernal's if they were free...

Russell likes this.
  12. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

Yup and I ignore his so called reviews as they suck.. I'm reading the comments underneath thats the real reviews and they are harsh on bad pellets...

13. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

WOW! I hear a voooom screach out front! Its the pellet delivery guy literally 10 seconds after my last post. I didnt even know he was coming this early. I ordered propellets and he shows up with Michigan wood fuels.... "

"O sorry we dont have anymore propellets."

Well I'm going to farm and home today I guess to get propellets. I told him to leave and I want a refund which he noted said is no problem. Im so disapointed right not now. I better get the delivery fee back too.

Tsc, Farm and Home and Ranch King where all mostly cleaned out when I called so hopefully I can find more propellet or another good brand. They all have mountains of pellets but it's almost all Michigan Wood Fuels out of Holland... :(

14. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

That sucks...Hope you find some better options!

15. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Hearing reports of Blazers showing up at HD locations in New England, most recently Auburn, Augusta, and Bangor Maine. Keep an eye out folks. I don't have to tell you, but they are a steal compared to what we are used to paying for DFs in this region...

16. subsailor

subsailor

That did happen during the shortage last year. Are you hearing that this is happening again this year? I was at the Augusta HD last Saturday and they had 200+ tons of FSU's.

17. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Yes it is happening again now. Much earlier than last year...

18. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

Around here everybody's getting cleaned out already... HD is on a 10 week back order except Michigan wood fuels that everybody's avoiding like the plague lol.

19. Birddog91

Birddog91

Hmmm I may make a run to auburn to check it out. TT I assume you mean auburn mass I hope? Hop up 395, check oxford on the way

20. 343amc

343amc

Welcome to being a pellet burner in Michigan. Those things are everywhere. Every year I say I won't burn any, and every year I buy a few bags. They're like a beer you didn't like. You try it, you don't care for it, but every time you turn around you see it and try it again, just to see if it changed. And usually it doesn't.

Pallet Pete likes this.