In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

FHC Exclusive! Long low oak burn in the new Ideal Steel stove

Discussion in 'Modern EPA Stoves and Fireplaces' started by BrianK, Nov 29, 2013.

1. BrianK

BrianK

2. Machria

Machria

I LOVE that!! Wish I could do that in the PH. Front to back is much shorter, not sure exactly what it is, but you can't get 18 in there. Right now I'm into some REALLY short stuff in my stack. It's 10 and 12" max which just sucks. I can't get two 12"er's across without leaning one wasting space... sometimes I can get two 10"ers or a 10"er and a 12"er across. Or, I've been packing a few 12"ers on the far end of the stove, then packing the close end of the stove with 10"ers going N/S to fill the void. But it's a PITA, can't wait to get rid of all this short stuff which was all cut by a tree guy we asked to cut at 18 to 20. Guess he needs a new tape measure, OR was too lazy to carry larger rounds of some heavy Red Oak?

Anyway, the 18" x 22" would be awesome in my current scenario, gives you a lot of options to load it up on cold days like today!

fox9988, raybonz and BrianK like this.