In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Farmers' Almanac s Predicts Nasty Winter - Is your stove ready? If not what are the improvements?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by don2222, Aug 25, 2014.

1. badbob

badbob

2. imacman

imacman

Uh Oh. Here we go.
    :popcorn:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
    smoke show, jtakeman and wildwest like this.
  3. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Is there a synonym for your vacuum cleanout? What is that in womanspeak? Is it like the clean out tee w/ cap using a vacuum as is shop vac?

imacman and DexterDay like this.
  4. badbob

badbob

Well sorry imac,but when I see 4-5 adapters in such a mess,yet he promotes himself to be such a genius,I just get upset.Notice he has not replied yet,is because I did not give him the part number.Getting tired of making other people rich,I guess.

wildwest likes this.
  5. badbob

badbob

Don does sell a modified clean out cap with a screw off cap to hook to a vacuum cleaner.Do not know what pipe it fits,you will have to call him,but in my opinion is an answer to a problem that does not exsist,but I have been wrong before.

wildwest likes this.
  6. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Selkirk makes the adapter for their DT venting. Unless he makes his own, they actually produce this part on their own.

And for those that don't like to remove the clean out T caps (most of the time, they are a PITA) it is a pretty good idea.

I hate removing my Clean out caps. Hate it. Doesn't matter if it's Simpson Duravent (junk venting) or Selkirk DT (still has its flaws).

343amc, smoke show and wildwest like this.