In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. imacman

imacman

It may not result in anything, but I'd be trying to contact GM and file a complaint. 75K for a modern engine is nothing, especially since you've maintained it so well at the dealer and ran full synthetic. Here's a number to try. 1-800-222-1020

I'd also look online for a forum for your car. I know there are GM reps who monitor a lot of them, and will step in when people have issues.

ivanhoe, bogieb, slvrblkk and 4 others like this.
  2. gbreda

gbreda

Oh chit, is it 650 in just parts? No labor yet? I just noticed that......

Holy Crap brother!!! As Pete mentioned maybe try and see if GM will comp you. I would think that if you are using the deraler you bought from and had it serviced by then they should get involved here on your behalf. Start with the Dealer Service Manager

ivanhoe, bogieb, slvrblkk and 4 others like this.
  3. will711

will711

Thanks for the info guys , I'll have to look thru my paper work about the warranty , but I think it has expired may be still valid on the power train like G said .

ivanhoe, bogieb, slvrblkk and 2 others like this.
  4. imacman

imacman

Here's a screen shot of an example of the GM rep getting involved with a customer on the Cadillac Forum I'm on...click on pic to enlarge:
    Untitled.jpeg

ivanhoe, bogieb, slvrblkk and 2 others like this.
  5. imacman

imacman

6. subsailor

subsailor

I paid $2000 but that is 5 years after the 3 year-36000 mfg. warranty, so 8 years total.

ivanhoe, bogieb, slvrblkk and 3 others like this.
  7. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I got 7/100K for $1400 to upgrade my 3 /36K.

8. gbreda

gbreda

Most people dont know you can negotiate these prices, just like buying the car. My dealership wanted 2K but I had already found another dealer that was going to offer the same Honda backed plan for about 1K even if I didnt buy the vehicle from them. As soon as I brought up their name, the price dropped to match it.

9. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Initially they wanted $1799 for the extended add on. I said no way.......... They came back with $1400 even. I didn't want to push my luck and did want the extra coverage so I jumped on it. I have wondered if I balked would they go lower...............

bogieb, eatonpcat, ivanhoe and 4 others like this.
  10. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Frost this morning:shiver:, fired up the new to me furnace:coldfire: last night. Why does high temp paint always smoke:picard: when added heat to them is the question? Shouldn't it take the heat and be done with it:smoke: but no it had to smokeo_O
    Thank god the princess was away overnight:D otherwise:heidi:

bogieb, eatonpcat, slvrblkk and 6 others like this.
  11. CleanFire

CleanFire

:thumbs:

Uggh .. 'Cause it wants to make you think all that hard work you put into it is "going up in smoke".. :picard: (You're not supposed to inhale the fumes there ivanhoe . :whistle: ) ;)

Cool that you got it fired up though! That's progress! :cheers:

12. CleanFire

CleanFire

It never hurts to ask Will - when we had the Kia Sportage on the road, the Dealer knocked off a bunch of $$$ on a replacement ECU repair & related work, where 'technically' it was out of warranty due to age, but not mileage..
    It took escalating through the Finance Mgr. -> the Sales Mgr. -> and General Mgr. -> Kia Motors Corporate for the approval though, FYI.

Hope the repair went well - and there's some cash left over for Beer Money.. :yes:

13. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

The first fire s/b done outside. Remember each paint job needs to be fired on high outside to burn the oils and such in the paint off.

14. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

I read up on it, something to do with curing:eek:
    Thank god it was a little paint job:whistle:

bogieb, slvrblkk, CleanFire and 3 others like this.
  15. will711

will711

Thanks Rob , just found out my warranty expired 4 months ago , but not the mileage , called dealer but service mgr. is not in today , he'll get a call tomorrow and we'll see what happens .

bogieb, eatonpcat, ivanhoe and 6 others like this.
  16. gbreda

gbreda

Hey bro. I know I sent you some links earlier, but check this one out and make sure that the dealer sees it. What you have apparently happens to all of these engines and is covered under the power train warranty-I would push hard even though it just expired 4months ago.

If the dealer is no help, get hold of someone at GM and make sure that they also see this. Sounds like a poor design that fails regularly. The PCV valve should not be built into the valve cover.........the intake valve being built into the manifold that includes injectors, that's also just stupid and sounds like it intends to make money for the dealers later. There is no reason that these couldnt have been designed to be replaceable items.

2011-2016 Cruze 1.4 PCV Valve Cover/Intake Manifold Issues

Dont want to be a downer but a friend of mine had a Chevy Tahoe with a slight crack in the block-another known and common issue for that engine. GM wouldnt do anything to help out, but they had more miles on the vehicle than you do. At 75K, they should be eating this entire repair.

Good Luck Bud !!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    bogieb, ivanhoe, will711 and 6 others like this.
  17. will711

will711

Thanks G a nice read

savemoney, CleanFire, imacman and 3 others like this.
  18. gbreda

gbreda

Hope it helps bud.

The Cruze is a great car. 2 of my techs drive them and like them a lot. So far neither has experienced this issue, but one of those 2 is a newer 2017, with that one being a turbo like yours.

19. SKEETER McCLUSKEY

SKEETER McCLUSKEY

20. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

37ºF :shiver:

Still no stove, But had to use the heated seats and wheel feature in the Jeep on the ride in to work. Likely A/C on the ride home. :dennis:

Fishin tomorrow as long as it doesn't pour on us!! :seasoned: