In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Give kitty a pat,head butt, and ear scratch.

gbreda, imacman, bogieb and 2 others like this.
  2. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Will do!! And a kitty treat too. ;)

Shocked at the estimates. Approx $8K smackers to fix it. :faint:

3. will711

will711

WoW

4. MikeSs

MikeSs

had to look it up.
    Guess i will get hungry after some?

imacman, bogieb, slvrblkk and 3 others like this.
  5. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

:rofl: :lol: most definitely!

6. imacman

imacman

X2 :eek:

IHATEPROPANE likes this.
  7. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I know, crazy!! $1K just for the chrome rim and $1200 for the quarter panel!

estimate.JPG

bogieb and IHATEPROPANE like this.
  8. imacman

imacman

Is that the best body shop estimate, or the insurance adjuster's estimate?

9. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Its the body shop she sent me, I going to research them and some other shops.

The Ford dealer doesn't do body work, They also recommended the shop she sent me to. I called and the nearest 3 Ford dealers also use them too. Looking around they might be my best bet to take it to. Checking reviews and other shops JIC......

10. imacman

imacman

Forgot to ask earlier.....there was a police report, right? Other driver was at fault, so their Ins. co. pays the bill?

11. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Yeppers, Police report and Other driver received a verbal warning for failing to obey the stop sign.

I assume his insurance will except that he was at fault seeing he got the warning for failing to stop......... But ya never know when you assume. So I have been in contact with my insurance company JIC. Trying hard not to put any claim with my insurance including the loner car. But My agent has said they will step in if need be.

bogieb, IHATEPROPANE and slvrblkk like this.
  12. imacman

imacman

Unfortunately, a "verbal warning" means almost nothing. Unless the driver makes a signed statement to the insurance company that he admits he was the cause, his insurance co. will probably try to not pay. If he does the right thing, the other co. should pay for ALL costs, incl. rental car.

bogieb, IHATEPROPANE and slvrblkk like this.
  13. will711

will711

My honey was in a fender bender a few years back , the guy that rear ended, the Volvo that then was pushed into her had chitty insurance , and were dragging their feet so our insurance told us to fix it pay the deductible and they would go after the other company which they did and we got our $500 back .

14. gbreda

gbreda

:eek:

IHATEPROPANE and slvrblkk like this.
  15. gbreda

gbreda

Well, looks like the air show is off the table for tomorrow.

3 plus hour drive to get there so we were going to get a place to stay tonight and get an early jump on traffic in the am. Nothing in the area that isnt a dump or way overpriced-not surprising and we could tolerate a less than nice place as it would only be to sleep for the overnight. But the kicker came when I was calling hotels (sometimes you get a deal that isnt advertised on the net). I talked with one of the desk workers and asked her about how close they were to the airshow. She says usually about 20 minutes but the traffic is ludicrous so that timeframe is out the window. I mentioned that we were planning an early start like 6:30- 7am and she replied the traffic is generally already heavy then-she had gone early 2 years in a row and it was already bumper to bumper.

Seeing that we tried to go here a few years ago -drove 3 plus hours and arrived around 10-10:30, sat in traffic for 2 without moving and decided to just go home for another 3 hour ride.

Today was cloudy and raw so they have only about 28K people there. Know that that means for tomorrow with sunny skies forecast?

Diminishing returns for sure. Sucks though as we havent seen an air show in a while.

imacman, bogieb, schoondog and 3 others like this.
  16. will711

will711

That's a Bummer G :( but sitting in traffic just can't suck enough , on our ride home from upstate NY last Sunday there was a lane closed on I 81 for construction it took us an hour to go 3 F'in miles :hair::hair::hair::hair:

17. gbreda

gbreda

I was rear ended at a red light a few years ago and we had the same insurance so I figured no problem here. No police report and the guy was not returning the insurance company's calls so the ins co wanted me to pay deductible until they got it back from him-I said no way, I can wait it out.

The person handling the claim told me that they had one last message to leave him that would likely make him contact them, sure enough it worked. In NH, when you had had a driving under the influence conviction or other major driving offense, your license number is in red on your license for several years. His was in red so I knew he had issues and that is likely what the ins co threatened him with.

imacman, bogieb, IHATEPROPANE and 3 others like this.
  18. gbreda

gbreda

:doh: :headbang: That drives me nuts.

I have been to enough airshows to know the traffic that you deal with. At Hanscom AFB in Bedford MA prior to its closure we use to go around 8am and get in pretty easy. Guess this area is different as it is just outside of Springfield and right off the Mass Pike. The claim to have hired "traffic consultants" this year but you can still get only so much of a raging river through a thimble

19. will711

will711

We used to live there in the 80's , didn't know the base closed.

imacman, IHATEPROPANE and slvrblkk like this.
  20. gbreda

gbreda

Oh, and on the air show facebook page they are posting pics of no traffic then they mention 28K people and 6K cars with ample parking. In my experience, air shows like this one draw 100K plus people. I highly doubt that tomorrow will be the same pics. I hope I am wrong for the sake of those that do go, but doubt it.

Westfield Air Show

Website shows parking 60% full. VIP lot is only 68% full. VIP was sold out so that means 32% of those that paid $135 per person did not show up today because of weather.
    Westfield International Airshow

imacman, bogieb, IHATEPROPANE and 2 others like this.