In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pacific Energy Warmland PS45.

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by jtakeman, Oct 6, 2014.

1. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

My buddy bought a Pacific Energy Warmland PS45 pellet stove. And has it running. Thought I'd share the pic's with ya. Seems to be a nice solid unit and a good alternative to the M55 FS. Has self cleaning burnpot(with an agitator) to help with iffy pellets,. Going over one night soon to set it up with the magnahelic gauge for him and give the install a once over. I'll post a few more pic's and some more incite once I tear off the covers and have a look at the innards.

So far he's pretty tickled, Its eating GS with out a fuse, Something his Breckwell struggled doing!! ;)

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG

Spock, imacman, 343amc and 2 others like this.
  2. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

That is a stove that doesn't seem to get a lot of love. Even though PE makes a very nice wood stove.

That pellet unit is packed with very nice features.

Looking forward to what you think about it. :)

jtakeman likes this.
  3. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Looks like a really nice stove...what did your buddy pay for that?

jtakeman likes this.
  4. smoke show

smoke show

The styling reminds me of a Hormone. :eek:

Lousyweather, jtakeman and slvrblkk like this.
  5. pellet head

pellet head

Looks like a nice stove , looks a lot like my hormone:wacky:

smoke show likes this.
  6. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I think thats because thats the stove their designed to compete against. And the M55 steel version.
    He literally stole it for $2400, Seeing the M55 was $3K and the P43 was $3350. Next best deal was a demo M55 for $2800. To me it was an easy choice.
    I don't know why? Its built like a tank and uses mostly common components which lowers the cost of replacements(Besides the agitator and the control board). The self cleaning burnpot was the main reason he bought it seeing he burns what ever crap he can get cheap. Its not rated for multifuel, But should be cruddy stuff with ease!

This is the first one I have seen in any site. Gonna kick the tires(hard) and post a review on it. Also gonna see if Carm will join us.

Edit: Yes, I'm the dummy that recommended he buy it. With the M55 issues and the higher cost of the Harmans. I though this was a thrifty choice seeing it had the features he wanted with out the sticker shock!!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    IHATEPROPANE, smoke show and slvrblkk like this.
  7. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Everything reminds you of a HORMONE!!

8. Iron Stove

Iron Stove

Nice looking stove !

I've always liked the PC45, but have NEVER seen one in person, hence I have a 43. But id really like a multifuel with a Agitator, simply for the elimination of chinkers.
    Will watch how this does this winter.

9. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

yea, and the PC45 is no longer produced, so, its unlikely you will see one. We brought one in for stock years ago, it generated ZERO interest, and ended up selling it off a few years later, just prior to the units being discontinued.....I think they were more popular in corn country

DexterDay likes this.
  10. Iron Stove

Iron Stove

I assume , since its Harman, and most major parts are same as other P series, that parts will be available down the road.

11. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

cant speak for Harman, buuuut they were a bit different than the P-series.......pressure ignition, burnpot basket with agitator, hard to say, really. Distrib fan's the same, combi fan, auger.......but I *think* the board is different

12. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Well, I finally got a chance to stop over and check out Carm's stove. The only thing I forgot was to bring my camera to snap some pics. I almost walked out of the house this morning with out grabbing my magnahelic gauge. I helped him install his Programmable stat and run the wire for it. Also showed him how to give it a good cleaning behind the baffle. Very simple to remove and clean behind. Remove 2 fire bricks and 2 3/8 screws is all it takes. I gave it a good top to bottom cleaning which took about 1/2 an hour. It really didn't need it as the glass was still pretty clean and he only ran ten bags through it. Said he only cleaned the burn pot liner around 4 bags in.

Once it was cleaned I cycled the stat to be sure it lit on its own and would also cycle between high and low. We set the draft and watch a really nice looking fire. Offered me some cash and I refused. I was there to be sure he had a good handle on it and also to get a really good hands on with it for my own. Very simple stove to maintain and pretty nice to look at too. Build solid and the works seem pretty simple enough. The only rattle I heard was from the agitator chain. Nothing too obnoxious just a slight buzz. He noted that there was a bit more than a few loose pellets in the ash pan when we were cleaning it. So while it was filling the liner on start up, I saw they were doing a similar deal as my stove. When there isn't any ash in the burn pot the pellets sneak out the sides and fall over the edge. Before it finish filling the liner, I grabbed a couple of handfuls of ash and placed it on the edge where it would normally build up. Seemed to cure the issue as he doesn't want to mod the liner just yet. So he'll do the same and see if that is a temp fix for now. Air wash was pretty good at keeping the glass clean. Some build up on the sides but the center was clear, Not to many exotic parts. Both the Convection and exhaust blower seem to be an easy finds. Shouldn't cost an arm and a leg. Igniter looks to do a good job at lighting pellets. Its not a pressure igniter, Probably why its not multifuel rated!! It will need pellets to assist lighting. But he only plans to burn pellets anyway. About the only thing I think is going to be pricey is the controller. A couple of the side panel screws were a bit trying to remove and replace. A magnetic tip on the driver cures it pretty easy though.

I will no longer be referring people to an M55 steel. I think this is a better bang for the buck stove. I really liked it and if he wasn't looking I might have tried to sneak off with it!!

Spock, imacman, slvrblkk and 2 others like this.
  13. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Your a good friend Jay!!

Good on you for helping out!